Chirotechnics

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Man or Woman?

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for making me feel welcome. I've read many of your writings and have enjoyed all of your conversations before I even decided to blog. With that out of the way, let me share with you a story from Chiropractic school.

My Gross Anatomy professor is nicknamed Dr. Evil. For those who don't know what Gross Anatomy is, it's the class that involves larger, more complex human body parts (Gross as opposed to Micro). We dissect cadavers to inspect muscle, bone, nerve, organs, etc. Anyways, our lab practicals are timed tests where each station has pins attached to a body part and a question is asked about that body part. Some questions are extremely tricky. Usually, he'll give a couple of freebie questions usually in the form of "Name this structure". At one of the stations, he pinned the uterine artery. A couple of my classmates (No, I was not one of them) wrote down testicular artery. When we got the test back, the professor asked, how did you guys mix up the uterine artery and the testicular artery. The few who missed it said the cadaver had a mustache. Upon which the professor replied, "YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE WRONG END!"