Chirotechnics

Monday, March 02, 2009

The Crying Game

Y'all remember that movie, The Crying Game? Somehow over the weekend, I remembered this story and I told it to Zelda. She told me that I had to post the story if I get some down time at the clinic. So here goes.

Back in high school, I was discussing movies with a few friends and a professor of mine. Some of these friends had seen The Crying Game and there was all this buzz about the shocking event in it. No one would say what it was. Even my professor told me, "I can't say anything. You just have to see it."

So a buddy of mine, Spencer, decided that we should check out what all the buzz was. We got on our motorcycles and rode to the movie theater. It started just like any typical movie. Then came the part when you find out that the "girl" that the main character was with was a guy. You know, the scene with a full penis shot. Spencer and I looked at each other in horror. Then, we moved to opposite ends of the theater. At the end of the movie, I mouthed the words, "You leave first. I'll leave later." He then shook his head and mouthed back, "No. You leave first. I'll leave after you." So I mouthed back, "Fine. But, we're NOT leaving together. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

It turns out that he wanted to leave afterwards because he didn't want anyone seeing him leave the movie. I didn't even think about that. I just wanted to get out. I got on my bike as fast as I could, put on my helmet, and left.

Next day at school, we told our professor that we saw the movie. He laughed, "Wasn't that unexpected?! Wait, did you see it together?" We answered, "No. Of course not."