Chirotechnics

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Superbowl Post

This year, I've got the entire family pulling for the Cardinals. Why? #92 is Bertrand Berry.

Bert was a high school classmate of mine. We played on the high school basketball team. He was the nicest guy you could ever meet. Y'all remember this story?

That was Bert. He was the one who stepped forward.

After high school, he played for Notre Dame. Then, he was drafted by the Colts. He eventually made it to Arizona playing for the Cardinals.

I was on my facebook page when I saw that he added me as a friend. Here I am thinking that Bert had made the big time. I was thinking that there's no way he would remember me. I mean, he was in the spotlight. But then, I get this friend request from him and a message saying "Hi, how have you been?" etc., etc. I was shocked.

Thanks for your acts of kindness, Bert. Good luck tonight. We'll be pulling for ya.