Chirotechnics

Monday, April 11, 2005

This time, a Conversation with Gwendolyn

We went to Galveston again yesterday. Zelda's parents rented a room at the San Luis Resort on the Seawall. This is a really NICE place. Way too rich for my blood. We were driving towards the beach when the following conversation between Gwendolyn and Zelda took place. Now, keep in the back of your mind that I get on Zelda's case for cursing in front of the kids. Then, when they say a curse word, Zelda laughs while she's telling them not to say such words because she thinks it's cute. Of course I tell her that she can't tell them to not to say those words while she's laughing.

G: "I'm so skinny."

Z: "Yes you are. You need to eat more."

G: "Yeah, my legs are skinny too."

Z: "Yep. You've got chicken legs."

G: "They're straight too."

Z: "Yes they are."

G: "Some people have fatter legs than me. Like you."

Z: Eyes and mouth wide open.

Jethro: (trying to keep the steering wheel straight) "hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!"

Z: Shoots me the look of death.

J: (Now with tears in my eyes) "hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!"

Z: Looks around to make sure there are no cars around for me to hit. Then, punches me in the arm.

J: "hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!"

Z: "I'm glad you're amused."

J: "hahahahahahahahahhahahaha. GWENNIE hahahahha THAT'S NOT hahahahhahahahhaha A NICE hahahhahahahahhahahaha THING TO hahahahahahahahaha SAY. hahahahahhahahaha"

Z: "You can't say that to her and laugh."