Chirotechnics

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Houston Blogger's Meeting

I must say that it was an absolute pleasure to have met Inanna, Tinyhands, Brighton, and her husband Travis. I left the clinic a little early with excitement knowing that we were going to meet fellow bloggers from online. I came home and saw that the our little girls were getting picked up by my sister so that we could go out and have some fun. I gave the little ones a kiss and a hug. Told them to be on their best behavior and walked into the door. That's when I saw Inanna on the couch. I put down my book/equipment bag, said "Hey! I didn't even notice you on the couch!" and gave her a hug.

We sat for a few minutes while I unwound myself from classes and clinic. Then, we left for downtown. There was a place close to where I attended college. It's a hole in the wall type of place. But, it has great margaritas. That, plus it's cheap and it's not the snooty, upscale type of place where you have to keep your conversations low. We got there around 8:00 and stayed until 1:00 a.m. We ordered only a small amount of food and about 3-5 margaritas each. We had such an incredibly relaxed and enjoyable time. I don't think an entire 10 seconds passed where we weren't laughing or were grossed out about some of the stories that we all told.

Truth be told, Brighton, Zelda, and Inanna were like playground friends who haven't seen each other in years. Tinyhands, Travis, and I pretty much sat back and listened to them, laughed, and occasionally got to sneak in a story or 2. You had to be quick if you wanted to say something. We all had something to say after a few margaritas. However, being the gentlemen that we are, Travis, Tinyhands, and I sat back and followed the "Ladies first" rule. That is, unless there was a "You gotta hear this...." moment. It was great!

We got back around 1:30 in the morning. I was sooooo tired! I slept only 3 hours the night before cleaning up as much as I could for Inanna's arrival. Last night, I slept from 1:30 til 6:00 because I had morning classes. I was dragging my half dead carcass to class so badly. You know what? It was worth it!

Today, I made it to classes, but I didn't make it to the clinic. I went home and decided that by the time I would have made it back, it wasn't worth it to attend 2 hours of clinic. So, what did I do? We took Inanna out for some Vietnamese food. She took pictures, and I'm pretty sure she'll tell y'all about it. Anyways, we came back to the house, relaxed, and just talked for hours until she left for her sister's place.

Brighton, Travis, Tinyhands, we need to get together again. Just because any of us are missing doesn't mean can't hang out. Last night, I felt like we were family. Thanks everyone!