Chirotechnics

Friday, March 11, 2005

"Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery while taking this product"

For those who happened to see this post a little early, sorry. It wasn't finished yet and I pushed the wrong button.

When you see this label on prescriptions, listen to it. I picked up some cough syrup earlier this week and knew that if I took an extra dose of this cough syrup, the narcotic effect also acts as a pain killer for my burning throat. Bad move. Sure, my throat felt better, but I was passing out every so often with no control over it whatsoever. The worst was yesterday.

I was driving home feeling wide awake. A little tired from the clinic, but still wide awake enough to drive home. My school is about a 40 minute commute. Halfway home, I passed out for a split second. My eyes never closed, I just lost consciousness for a split second. I was still driving straight but I had to adjust. The worst of it came when I passed out for a whole second and was driving into the shoulder inches away from scraping my mirror to the median barriers. That really scared me. The shoulders were not wide enough for me to actually park on and take a quick nap. By the time I would have made it to somewhere where I could nap, I would be close to home. So, I turned up the music, cranked up the air conditioning and made it home.

I walked into the house, gave my kids a hug and kiss each, ate, then proceeded into the bedroom where I passed out. It wasn't even 8:30. I slept clear on through to the morning. I had no idea I was that tired. That, plus the medication I was taking was also making me pass out. I need to be more careful with this shit.

Anyways, when I woke up this morning, after getting much needed rest, I saw Zelda lying right next to me. I couldn't help it. I had to have her. I knew she was sound asleep. So, I leaned up right next to her and started rubbing her side and leg very gently. She was still sound asleep, but she moved a little bit. I lifted up her shirt and started kissing her in all of the right places. That woke her up just enough to make it seem like she was still dreaming. I knew she'd be too tired, so I did everything for her. I undressed her and continued playing with her. By then, she was wide awake and we were both rubbing against each other. After it was all over, we curled up and went right back to sleep. Made it seem like a dream.