Chirotechnics

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Crotch Rocket

After visiting Seven's site, I started to have memories of my bike. Right after high school, I got this bike. That thing was so damn fast, it scared me. The only time I ever raced on that bike was when a brand new Corvette pulled up right next to me at a stop light revved his engine. I couldn't help it. I knew where I was, there was no stoplights for a few miles. Not only that, it was just straight road. I kicked it into first and held the clutch. The instant that light turned green, I popped the clutch and hit the gas. The front end rose up off the ground. By the time I had realized it, I had already pulled the clutch to switch gears. I hit 100 mph in about 5 or 6 seconds. Then, I realized, if I hit a rock or if an animal crosses the road, I'm dead. So, I let go of the gas, checked my mirrors and saw that I had totally left that brand new Corvette in the dust. At the next highway crossover, I turned just as that brand new Corvette shot past me.

I think that was the day I vowed never to race again. I had no idea just how fast these machines could run. That day, I found out. I know Zelda is terrified of it. I've always told her that if we ever win the lottery, I was going to get one. She's quite adamant about it. Still, I remember riding along the Galveston Seawall (along the beach) with my friends. It was incredible. I miss it.

I can understand Zelda's worries though. I've seen motorcycle accidents. They're not pretty. Still, I can't help but to daydream a little bit about riding along the beach again with Zelda behind me.

Anyways, this is my current fantasy.