Chirotechnics

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield

Do ya'll remember this fight? It was the one in which Mike Tyson bit Evander Holifield's ear. Back before Zelda and I dated, my roommates and I held a party at our apartment hosting this $60 pay per view event. What a rip-off! I didn't care if someone got knocked out in the first round, I wanted to see a clean fight with a clear winner.

Everyone was gathered around TV screaming, chanting, and basically going crazy. I feel sorry for the people living below us. We warned them though and even invited them to come up and join us. When it was over, a few people left. But, more people came. Alcohol was flowing like Niagra Falls that night. Needless to say, a few of our friends got extremely drunk. The first victim was Carlos. Now, everyone knows that when Carlos drinks, keep anything sharp away from him. He's once severed a nerve in his hand and lost the ability to contract certain fingers until he went through some rehab. Anyways, I let Carlos take my bed to sleep off his intoxication before he had to drive. Eventually, every single bed and couch was taken. I slept on the floor without a blanket for a few hours until I saw Carlos leaving. I was freezing my ass off because I gave every blanket we had to our guests. When Carlos left, I got up, walked into my room, and plopped down onto my nice, soft, warm mattress. I pulled up the blanket, rolled over, and stuck my hands under my pillow to keep them warm.

That's when I noticed my hands WERE warm....AND moist. I lifted up my pillow and saw a puddle of vomit. Carlos had puked UNDER my pillow. Yep, that woke me up for the rest of the morning. Have you ever had the feeling of a hangover coming on while you were awake? That, plus the trouble of having to clean off someone else's vomit from your sheets, mattress, and hands? It's not pleasant. But, they're your friends. You take care of them, they take care of you. Right?