Chirotechnics

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Busy, busy, busy

I've got so much to do over the next few weeks. I'll try to visit some of your sites when I take breaks. That being said, I just cut and paste what I posted at Community Justice. It's just my opinion on free speech. Still, I think it's important. So, enjoy and I'll try to enter blogsphere when I can.

There was a graduate course that I took once where the professor ran the course a little differently than what was expected. One of our assignments was a 10 page paper. One student, who dropped the class, turned in one page. On that one page, the student wrote how much the class sucked and how he/she thought it was a complete waste of time.When the professor returned the papers, he picked that one page out and began reading the contents of the paper. Then, he said that he gave the paper an "F". However, the REASON he gave the paper an "F" was because the person could not back up their argument. He actually said that the paper itself had potential to be an "A". However, with no arguments to back up the claim, it was worthless. If the student had explained WHY the class sucked, and made a good argument, he would've given the paper a passing grade. That's what graduate studies are supposed to be like.

Now, I tell this story because I want people to know that blogland encourages lively debate. If you want to say that I'm a Nazi, fine....prove it. If you can't, your argument is not only worthless, it shows bigotry. Or, do you simply have the intellect of a child that can only resort to name calling? At my site, you can say whatever you want as long as you can back up your claim with logic, reasoning, or facts. I've been called all kinds of things my whole life. I understand that if I put out a controversial opinion, I will get retaliation for it. No problem there...just prove your argument! The recent acts of cowards who dish it out, but don't have the guts to take it have encouraged me to join Seven, Trash, and others on this fight. We're not saying that you don't have the right to do what you have done. Just understand that there are consequences for the crap that you try to pull. You have your freedom of speech and so do we. We have the freedom to post your information all over the internet. We have the freedom to report you if you commit a crime. We have the freedom to react to your actions. Freedom swings both ways. You want to hide behind it? We can use it to flush you out.