Chirotechnics

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Where's my appointment?

Last night, my best bud Mason called us up to grab some dinner and so that the kids can play together. So, we went to our usual Mexican restaurant and ordered food and drinks. We sat on the outside patio area which is fenced in so that the kids can run around. Zelda had peach margaritas while Mason and I had about a pitcher of beer a piece. Lately, I've been so busy with the clinic and school that I haven't gotten to hang out with Mason for awhile. In fact, he was thinking about going fishing last night and was going to see if I wanted to go. Unfortunately, this weekend is my acupuncture midterm. However, on Saturdays I don't have class until 1:00 in the afternoon. So, I could've gone fishing and just slept in. But, I had a patient's appointment scheduled at 9:00 in the morning. Now, I don't like to go into the clinic early on Saturdays unless I have an appointment. That's usually my day to catch up on my sleep from the week.

So, I told Mason that I couldn't do anything except go home, get some sleep, and take care of my first and only patient in the morning. I set my alarm for 7:00 am on a Saturday, woke up, showered, got dressed, and left at 8:00 am. It's a 50 minute commute to the clinic for me including 3 toll stations. So, I got to the clinic at 8:50 am. I walk around to the back door and it's still locked. So, I walk around back to the front into the front door. That's when I got the message.

"Jethro, your first appointment is sick."

"What?"

"Your first appointment is sick and can't come in today."

"My first and only appointment?"

"Uhhh yeah. They said that they lost your card so they couldn't call your cell phone directly. That's why they left a message on the clinic's answering service. Sorry."

It was at that moment that I felt like that Middle Eastern guy in the movie Office Space when he was so frustrated he couldn't curse properly. "Mother...Shitter! Son of an Ass!"

I could've turned around and gone home, but what's the point? By the time I got home, I'd only have about 2 hours before I'd have to leave again to come right back for my acupuncture class.

Oh well, what are you going to do?