Chirotechnics

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Test Results

Got the results of my 2 weeks in hell. The only class I have to worry about is Skeletal Imaging. That class basically covers fractures and arthritides. I had to retake that class. I didn't fail it the first time, but I didn't get a very good grade in it the first time around. What happened?

The class has 2 grades. The first time I took the class, I got an "A" on the midterm. So, the only thing I had left to worry about was the final exam. I had thought that the final exam was at 2:00 pm. It was actually at 11:00 am. So, needless to say, I had to take the class over again. Remember those nightmares that you'd have the night before a really big test? Yeah, I lived it.

This time around. I was prepared. The midterm in this class I thought was easy. That was until I actually saw my grade. It was a C. I couldn't believe it. I thought I had aced the test. Oh well, I needed to talk to the head of the radiology department. The problem was that everyone and their mother went to see him. I figured I'd wait until everyone else was done. By that time, it was the weekend before Final exams. I approached him, but he said he was leaving town and that we'd have to discuss it after the Final Exam.

This time, I made sure to be prepared for the final exam. I showed up early and got front row seats because that was the best spot for the practical portion. You had to read x-rays that were projected onto the screen. The pictures weren't too great either. I thought I had bombed the practical portion but aced the written portion. Together I was just hoping to pass the class. I checked my grades. 90% on the written portion. As I thought, I aced it. However, the practical portion required me to make a 50% in order to combine for a 70%. Then, I passed. I was worried. People discuss answers after exams and I kept thinking that I bombed the practical so badly that I missed the 50% required to pass. My grade? 92%! Hot Damn! Looks like I knew my shit afterall. The class average was 76% on the practical and 80% on the written.

That week, we also had exit exams. Basically, it tests your basic clinical competency. You must pass it before you graduate. Again, I thought I bombed it. I just found out this morning that I passed! Woo hoo!

It just comes to show you that you just got to trust your instincts sometimes an not worry about things too badly.