Chirotechnics

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vegas Day 3 and 4

So we woke up without walking the strip at night yet again.

We took showers and decided that we should try and make the champagne brunch buffet. As we approached the entrance, we noticed the line was WAY TOO LONG. So instead, we found that the Bellagio has dim sum at one of their restaurants on the weekends. We decided to see how long that line was. There was no wait. We got a table right away.

While eating, we met a very nice couple sitting next to us. I ordered Gai Lon, which is Chinese broccoli. The couple next to us were from San Francisco and said that we were doing the great and healthy route while they were doing mostly fried stuff. They loved dim sum and could eat every meal with chopsticks if possible.

Then, they noticed that the wait staff also brought us hot sake for brunch. Hey, it's Vegas. As we were sitting there, I noticed a familiar face sitting a couple tables down. I realized it was a guy that I had seen on TV on the World Poker Tour. After we finished eating, we went back to our coffee shop. This time, we had the Mexican. Coffee with tequila. We walked around the pool area and sat for a few minutes. I called an old high school friend of mine who lived in Vegas, Sara. Sara and I were both honor student/jocks in high school. I played basketball. She played basketball and soccer. I remember our senior year when she was "confused". She noticed that she was attracted to women instead of men. After high school, I lost track of her until my wedding. She brought her girlfriend to tell a few of our high school friends about her sexuality. I had kept her secret for years. Needless to say, our high school friends were shocked. However, my college friends (the guys) were all staring at 2 hot lesbians with their mouths wide open. To me, Sara is much more like a sister than anything else.

Anyways, Sara picked us up at the front of the hotel and drove us off the strip. We got to meet Sara's new partner, Adele. Adele is the sweetest person. She's very soft spoken and funny. Sara took us to some center with the Ritz Carlton as the hotel. We had coffee and caught up with each other. It had been 10 years since we last talked. But, it seemed like not a day had gone by. In the evening, they asked if we liked seafood. The best seafood buffet in Las Vegas is at the Rio Rio. So off we went where I challenged Adele to see who could eat the most in crab claws. I think it was a draw by the end of the night.

Afterwards, Sara drove us to another part that Christina had mentioned to us, the Fremont Street Experience. It was incredible. There were so many lights! We saw the Golden Nugget and the famous Vegas cowboy. Then, she drove us to New York New York hotel. That's where we caught the last show of our little trip, Zumanity.

After the show, we decided that we should finally walk the strip at night in order to pick up souvenirs. We stopped by a magic shop to get the kids a few magic items. We walked back to the hotel and it was 1:50 in the morning. Unfortunately, because of daylight savings time, 10 minutes later would be 3:00 in the morning. Our flight was 6:30 in the morning. So, we decided to stay up, pack and leave. Because we had 2 stops before we landed back in Houston, we got in about 5:00pm. The first flight out, we had kids behind us kicking our seats. We have't slept at all and now we have fucking parents who can't control their kids while on a plane. We drove out to my parents' house and had dinner with them. Then, I drove back to New Town. It was the longest drive I ever had to make. I was constantly stopping to pick up energy drinks, coffee, etc. I slapped myself silly a few times to make sure to stay awake. Zelda slept the whole ride home. When I pulled into the driveway, I woke Zelda up. She then told me to go straight to sleep and she would get the kids and everything else into the house. Needless to say, I crashed like a boulder.