Chirotechnics

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Heading for the High Grounds

I know I said that I was going to write a post today, but seeing as how we got Rita coming, Zelda and I are preparing for the worst. Most likely we will be leaving Houston for Austin. I had originally intended on staying if it was a category 3 or less but Zelda has never experienced a Hurricane before and wants to leave if it looks as if it's going to strike us even if it's weaker than that. I remember Hurricane Alicia in 1983. It was a category 3 hurricane and I remember thinking that it was no big deal. However, I don't want to make the loves of my life worry. Zelda and the kids need to be ensured safety and I'll do what it takes to make sure they'll be okay and feel like they're safe.

Still, I can't help but to have the desire to sit through this hurricane in order to protect my home. There's a good chance that my parents will stay. I'm going to try my best to talk them out of it though.

Today, I walked into the grocery store to find that all of the jugs of water were gone. Luckily, I have a 5 gallon jug that I'm going to fill up with distilled water later. That plus a few empty gallon containers that I never threw away.

Tomorrow, I'm going to watch the news in the morning and will most likely be using a circle saw to cut the plywood to cover our windows, getting everything off the floor, and packing enough clothes to last a couple of weeks from home. I also need to pick up some batteries, a radio, flashlights, canned foods, and a generator.

We'll see y'all when we get back. I know I just got back into the blogosphere but I'm pretty sure y'all understand us being gone for a little while again. Ciao!

And lastly, I have to insert this video because y'all know how I feel about the media.