Chirotechnics

Monday, August 20, 2007

Taps

Yeah I know it's Zelda's title too. But when Taps was played right after the 21 gun salute, I broke down. Go read Zelda's take on it. Then, you can read mine over at Blonde Sagacity. Thanks to Ala for letting me share Charles with everyone.

Our friend that we were trying to get out from training in the field was not able to make it. The rules are very strict. I understand that. His parents came to the funeral for him. Please keep our friend Corin in your prayers as well. He'll be deployed around November for Iraq.



I still tear up from time to time, but it's getting less and less. I'm still having difficulty sleeping. Zelda and I ate our first real meal Sunday afternoon. I think it gets worse when it's slow at work and I have nothing to do. I'm so lethargic.

We had one last send off for Charles at our college watering hole Saturday night. All of our old friends showed up. It was really good to see everyone again. Charles would've been proud. It's what he wanted when he got back.



I'm going to try again to sleep tonight. Good night all.