Chirotechnics

Thursday, December 13, 2007

"I Love You"

These 3 words can mean so much to people. For the sake of this post, these 3 words were the basis of a little bit of fun.

I was talking on the phone with a buddy of mine once. I don't even remember what we were talking about. Anyways, I always hear Joe when he talks with his wife. He always ended phone calls to his wife with, "I Love You." So, guess what he blurts out when we finished our conversation? "I Love You."

OOOOOOOH NOOOOOO! You can't make a mistake like that and not have a bunch of guys take advantage of the situation.

I called him back, "Did you just say, 'I Love You?'"

He embarrassingly laughs, "Yeah...."

me: "You know, Joe. You're not a bad looking guy...."

Joe: "Shut up, Jethro."

me: "....but I'm not into guys, ya know?"

Joe: "Fuck you."

me: "Fucking is definitely out of the question, but will you at least settle for a handshake?"

Joe: "You're an ass."

me: "No, Joe. You can't have my ass."

Joe: "Dude, I'm just so used to saying that to my wife."

me: "I know. I had to give you a hard time."