Chirotechnics

Monday, December 03, 2007

Ramen! Amen!

My first year of college, I got to witness quite a few different things. One thing in particular that caught my attention was how you guys eat Ramen noodles. Now, when an Asian makes Ramen noodles, we put lettuce, bean sprouts, onions, and some kind of meat, whether it be chicken, BBQ pork, beef, etc.

I was coming out of my room when I noticed another person in the dorms heating a bowl of ramen noodles. I asked, "What are you going to put in that?" The person looked at me funny. Then I realized that they were going to eat it plain.

I've never seen anything like that before. You don't eat just plain ramen! That's just wrong! Then I saw others doing it. So, I tried it without the veggies, without the meat, without the other extras.

How in the hell did you guys screw up Ramen noodles?!

I went to a friend's house who was from Taiwan. His wife is also white. We were talking about it when his wife says, "Leave it up to the Asians to make something like Ramen noodles into a healthy meal."

Damn skippy.