Chirotechnics

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Sleepcapades

Okay, Zelda posted a few stories about some of the things I've done in my sleep. Here are a few more stories that I've been told:

1. Back in my first year of college, my roommate was studying while I was sleeping. He said I sat up and stared right at him. He said, "What's up Jethro?" Then he said I looked around the room, and went back to sleep.

2. My second year in college, with a different roommate, I was sleeping with my girlfriend next to me in bed. We had just come back from a party and crashed. My roommate, Devin, comes into the room holding his girlfriend up because she was drunk. He undressed her to put her pajamas on. Then he turned over and saw that I was staring with a small smile on my face. He signaled with his hands for me to stop looking at his girlfriend because he was changing her and continued to put her pajamas on. He climbed into bed and leaned over to turn off the lamp. Our beds were parallel to each other. He said that I was still staring again with that same small smile on my face. Again he waved at me to tell me to stop looking. Then he realized....I was sleeping with my eyes wide open.

3. Zelda woke up one night because the bed was shaking. She looked up to see that my hand was in the air shaking violently with small and rapid movements. She panicked because
she thought I was having a seizure. She knows better than to wake me up if I'm physically moving from a dream. However, because seizures can be life threatening, when she woke me up, she was practically crying. She was so scared. What was my answer?
"I'm sorry babe. I was dreaming that I was playing the playstation." She had bought me a playstation 2 for father's day.

These are just a few off the top of my head. If I remember more, I'll post those. The reason I said that Zelda knows better than to wake me up from dreaming is because I tend to have violent dreams. I'll have to blog about that next time. Be warned for the next time...some of those dreams are quite disturbing and quite detailed.