Chirotechnics

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Lord Have Mercy

I wrote this over the weekend and was debating posting it due to the fact that I had a little bit to drink. Then, I thought...Why not?

Okay, I'm not a Christian but I've studied it intensely for 4 years in college. It's now 3:21 a.m. in the morning and I'm watching this Televangelist on TV. Why? I was flipping channels and just thought why the hell not. Let's see what this guy has to say. That, and I've had a couple of martinis.

Oh my God. I have never seen such a pile of shit in my entire life. Now, I have known religious people all my life. Most are very decent people. However, I've seen dirty politicians with more honesty and integrity than the ingrown asshair that I am currently (for some drunken reason) watching. Who in their right mind actually falls for this bullshit? He just said, "I want to challenge you to make a 'vow' of $1000." I would love to ask this worthless con artist what vow has he made. Oh wait, he uses those contributions for good purposes right? Of course it's good for him to buy a really nice car and a really nice house while the naive live in shacks. There's a perfectly good reason behind it because he's doing God's work right? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't God want acts of charity that directly benefits those in need? Like maybe helping to feed your fellow man? Why would you spend people's well intentioned, hard earned money for your own personal pleasure? Let's take a look at what you're spending that money on. Let's take a look at all of the tax records, receipts, everything. You're a good man, you have nothing to hide, let's see it all.

I'm sorry for this religious post, but this is really annoying the fuck out of me. People who take advantage of others in the name of religion deserve to be shot. Oh shit, he just said that a $1000 "vow" will catch the attention of God and the attention of the devil. I can't believe that people actually believe this shit. Wouldn't God favor direct intervention with the poor? Would he prefer you directly helping a person in need or giving to this so called "preacher" the money. What act is more loyal to your God's intentions?

Oh, I think he just said his name is Robert Tilton. I'm going to have to do some research on this guy.