Chirotechnics

Monday, October 10, 2005

What's that Fishy Smell?

This past weekend was my last free weekend before I started reviewing for Part IV of Board Exams. I picked Saturday to be the day that I would take for myself to enjoy the Texas coast and go saltwater fishing.

Mason and his dad took me out on their boat from noon til 4:00 in the morning. We drank lots of beer and caught a fair amount of sand trout and a nice flounder. Actually, I gigged the flounder and caught the others on a rod and reel. For some reason, I was the only one catching anything. We were using live finger mullets that we caught in a cast net as bait.

I noticed that my rod danced a little. I waited and waited. It moved rather strange. I decided that I should go ahead and reel in whatever it was. I figured the finger mullet was trying to swim off. What did I catch? A plastic bag. Mason laughed and said, "I swear, only you would catch something like that. Well, you get the prize of the most exotic thing we've caught today.

Oh but wait, my luck didn't just stop there. I just had to top the plastic bag. A little while later, I noticed that my rod hadn't moved for quite a while. I figured that a fish had taken off with my bait. I reeled in my line and what was the winner of the most exotic catch of the day? A condom. I swear the fish are mocking me.