Chirotechnics

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Chuck E. Cheese - eat your heart out

First off, HAPPY NEW YEARS!

There's this great new fun place that just opened up around our side of town. It's a pizza, pasta, and salad buffet with lots of other stuff to do as well. It's like a Chuck E. Cheese on steroids. The Chuck E. Cheese out where we live is definitely catered for kids toddler aged. This new place, however, has miniature golf, go-karts, electronic shooting range, and bumper cars. Definitely brings you back a few years...like jr. high or high school. Anyways, we decided to take the girls to this new place last night. I think I had more fun than they did. After polishing off about 4 or five plates of pizza, pasta, salad, and whatever else I could inhale, I set off into the timewarp that brought me back about several years.

We took the kids out to the go karts, but they were too little to drive so we had to drive while they sat next to us. The next part was a lot of fun. Bumper cars. Gwendolyn was just tall enough to go on them. Another boy wanted to join in on the fun so we all climbed in and waited for the guy to start power to the cars. He told us push both levers to go forward, pull both levers to go backwards and alternate the levers to spin. Did I ever mention that I tend to learn things quickly? While Gwendolyn and the other little boy were figuring out how to control the cars, I pulled back on the levers and got as far away as I could. I spun the cart around to their direction because they were bumping into each other trying to learn the controls. Then, I could feel my teeth grinding right before my mouth opened and let forth a "Haaaaa haaa haaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!" Both levers flew forward and I rammed right into both of them bouncing them back towards the wall. Then, I pulled back on both levers til I reached the opposite end. Then, with the same ferocity, I rammed them again. Whiplash? Hell, I'm a doctor now. I can treat that. Fuck it! Again! Again! Again!

Yeah, I felt like a kid again.