Chirotechnics

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Fuck Comp USA

I sent in my laptop over 2 weeks ago for some minor "warranty" work. The connection between the power adapter and the laptop itself was so loose that the power was flickering between the AC and the DC power supply. It's the same problem that I was having a few months ago.

I was under the impression that my laptop was still under warranty. When I bought the damn thing, they told me that I had a 1 year manufacturer's warranty and a 2 year extended warranty that would total 3 years of coverage. It's been just over 2 years and Comp USA is trying to tell me that the first year of the extended warranty is congruent with the manufacturer's warranty. What the fuck is this bullshit?! Why on earth would I purchase a warranty that was running congruent with another? After complaining to them, they agreed to drop the labor charges and only charge for the part: $65.00. Since I was in Dallas taking reviews and board exams, I didn't have time to argue with them. I agreed to pay the $65.00 and that was it.

When I got back from Dallas, I waited til the end of the week to call them to see if my laptop was back. It was. They didn't bother to call me about it. So, I brushed it off and was just happy to get my laptop back. When I got to the store, I find out that they LOST THE FUCKING POWER ADAPTER. Now, this is not the first time this has happened. I once turned in my laptop for repair work a year ago. That was the first time they lost my original power adapter. They replaced the lost power adapter with one from a floor model. I wasn't too happy, but at least I was back in business. Since then, I've been having lots of problems with the connection between the replacement power adapter and the laptop.

I have important documents on that laptop. Not only that, but with Zelda on the desktop computer at home, I don't have access to internet connection except at the clinic. And, even that is limited. I've called them today and talked to a manager. She said she would call me back within an hour. It's been 3 hours. Any suggestions?