Chirotechnics

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Illegal Aliens

Alright, it's time for another debate post.

First off, I think something should seriously be done with our borders situation. I find it funny that many people make this to be a racial issue. The funny thing is that I find those who make a racial issue out of this to be racist themselves. Guess what? I think everyone, regardless of their background, who is here illegally should be sent back.

If you want to come to this country, do so legally. Again, I don't care what your background is, if you come here legally, I will welcome you with open arms.

I got into a discussion with my friend, Joseph. He asked me how I felt about the Minute Men. I told him I supported what they were doing since the government wasn't protecting the borders. He asked me if I thought it was racist. I told him no. He then asked me why the minute men weren't in the airports. I gave him an analogy. I asked him, if he was in a boat with 2 holes that was taking in water, which hole would he focus on first: the bigger one or the smaller one. He admitted that he never ever thought about it that way.

I then commented to him how it disappointed me that people would cross our southern border and wave the Mexican flag. I explained that the Mexican flag represents a system of government that failed these people. They had to come here to pursue their dreams. That's what the United States flag represents. It represents opportunity. Something they don't have in Mexico. The red, white, and blue is not a flag for the white race. It's a symbol of our way of life. The Mexican flag is not a symbol for those of the hispanic race. It's about their form of government. Again, one that failed them. I told him that we cannot make a racial issue out of the flag because the stars and stripes represent opportunity for all those who wish to abide by our laws and way of life. It doesn't matter what your background is.