Chirotechnics

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

OB/Gyn Class

Jenny reminded me of a story. One of our required classes is OB/Gyn. I remember one day, the professor, Dr. Boats, started the lecture by reminding us that we are all professionals and that we needed to take things seriously. He then proceeded to put up a detailed diagram of the female anatomy (spread eagle) on the projection screen. No big deal. We just got busy taking notes. He was pointing out various structures when a prospective student and his parents, who were touring the school, walked into the room to sample a class lecture. Let's just say no one fell asleep. The mother's eyes widened, turned 3 shades of red, and held her hand over her mouth. The father and the son tried desperately to look intellectual. I guess it's just not something you see everyday especially in a room full of people.

Dr. Boats acknowledged their presence, but made the mistake of trying to explain why there was a huge vagina on the projection screen. As I looked around the room, I could see my fellow classmates struggling to hide their laughter. The guy ended up enrolling and I see him around campus all the time.

What's the moral of the story? There's nothing like a giant pussy to stimulate the mind.